Friday, December 11, 2009

The smallest girl in the world


Jyoti is smaller than the average two-year-old child
Yesterday, i read a new about the smallest girl in the world .
The smallest girl in the world was Jyoti Amge from India who stands at a tiny 1ft 11in (58cm) tall.

Jyoti Ange, 16, is shorter than the average two-year-old child and only weighs 11lb (5kg).

She has a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia and won't grow any taller than her current height.

Due to her size, Jyoti has to have clothes and jewelery made for her. She sleeps in a tiny bed and uses special plates and cutlery to eat, as normal-sized utensils are too big.

Jyoti sits at her mini-desk and chair at school

She said: 'I am proud of being small. I love all the attention I get. I'm not scared of being small and I don't regret it.

'I'm just the same as other people. I eat like you, dream like you. I don't feel any different.'

Jyoti is treated like a mini-celebrity in her home town, where people flock to meet her and some even treat her like a goddess.

No comments: